Who am I?
This is me wet and dry in various levels of merriment for identification purposes:
An ironically titled time-efficient list that encapsulates the very essence of my being:
- I’m an Official Fujifilm X-Photographer. There’s only four of us in the whole of the UK wedding industry so don’t hunt us.
- I was a student writer for Lomography, I shot events for them like music festivals!
- I now shoot for Secret Cinema, covering productions including Wes Anderson’s Grand Budapest Hotel, Back To The Future, Amy, Star Wars, Dirty Dancing, 28 Days Later, Moulin Rouge, Bladerunner and Romeo and Juliet.
- As well as gandering about as a press/wedding/event/music photographer, I have a PhD in Psychology, which means I can definitely read your mind.
- My favourite junction is junction 16 between the M25 and M40 (because it’s like NASCAR) and my favourite stretch of motorway is junction 2-6 on the M1.
- I run a marathon in 3 hours and 35 mins.
- I like to spend my free time wiki-ing horror film synopses because I enjoy the plot twists you only get in that genre, but I’m too chicken shit to actually watch the films. Similarly I am scared of the dark.
- In direct conflict with point 7, I like bats a lot.
- Donna Tartt wrote both my number one and number two favourite books of all time.
- I’ll play any board game and escape from any room within an hour. Know that your money mostly funds this dirty habit.
- My Brompton bike is called Brompt, my road bike is called Big Blue. As you can tell, I’m creative.
I have a fascinator in the shape of my logo that I wear to every shoot. That was your official warning.This doesn’t happen anymore, my friend sat on it in my car! If anyone works in millinery and wants to work with me on a new design feel free to get in touch!
- In case it wasn’t obvious yet, I’m an unashamed dork with an awful combination of a dry sense of humour and a love of cringe-y puns, with the occasional childish ‘that’s what she said’ thrown in.
- The gif that best sums me up is…
Some horn tootin’:
Exciting news for the Fujifilm line-up today – the new X-T30 is now available to buy!
Posted by FUJIFILM X UK on Wednesday, 20 March 2019
I’m the UK face of the Fujifilm X-T30, listen to my awkward AF giggle in that video…
One of 100 chosen portrait photographers working on the 2020 Vision Project, an arts council funded commemoration to NHS workers in the time of covid-19
I have been a judge for the 30th round of the Wedding Photography Select competition. I have also been a judge for the This Is Reportage photography competition.
I’m a three time Fearless Photographers award winner, which celebrates the best and most daring photojournalists in the world.
Professional Photo magazine’s Rising Star of Wedding Photography 2016.
Shortlisted for Rangefinder’s 30 Rising Stars of Wedding Photography 2015- Two peer nominations for the best 30 new photographers in the whole world!
There’s also a heck ton of magazine articles and news clippings I failed to save, much to my mother’s disapproval.
I’ve won a photography Excellence award from Wedding Photography Select.
I’ve been part of an exhibition in the Museum of London.
Been published in print and online (The Guardian, Positive News, Shortlist).
Accredited for huge music festivals, photographing the likes of Florence and the Machine and Stevie Wonder.
Winning a national event photography competition hosted by Blackberry and Capital FM.